Okay – it’s been a challenging time for everyone and most of us gained a bit of excess Covid weight.
Most of us also slobbed out during lockdown – but that was then! This is the time to shake ourselves back up and get into our groove. Being a ‘couch-potato’ is not good. It’s not good for our general wellbeing and it certainly isn’t good for our mental health.
So here it is… ‘kick-butt time’ – no excuses – time to move into 2022 with positivity and drive.
Starting with yourself, create your 2022 Wellbeing Plan.
Firstly, you have to feel good about yourself and feeling good comes from within.
There is this quote by the actor Jason Statham,
“Looking good and feeling good go hand in hand. If you have a healthy lifestyle, your diet and nutrition are set and you’re working out, you’re going to feel good.”
Simple? Only if you consciously create new habits including healthy eating, a sensible exercise programme and looking in the mirror daily at how you are presenting yourself.
It’s not essential that every woman needs to look like Audrey Hepburn, or every man needs to look like Clark Gable, but you need to feel good about who you are and make the best efforts to present the fabulous you to the world.
You were born fabulous, but sometimes as life has gone on, you lost your way, forgot your fabulousness in life’s jungle and in the end gave up! Sound familiar? Now stop slobbing around, it’s never too late to change.
It doesn’t even cost you money to get back on track. Desire to change comes from within and that is free. No facelifts or fillers required!
- Start every day with GRATITUDE – when you are grateful for what you have – even as basic as a warm bed to sleep in (remember so many are homeless), you start the day mindfully thanking the Universe for everything that is good in your life
- You are what you eat – be mindful of every morsel you put in your mouth.
- Are the foods and drinks you consume fuelling your body and boosting your health? If not – change what you are eating and drinking…and remember water is essential for health and for beauty… think of a dried prune? You can avoid that look by drinking pure and natural water. You can also improve your health by removing excessive salt and sugar which damages your skin and fundamentally your heart.
- Be kind to yourself – don’t fight with yourself or try to compare yourself to others. You are you. Get rid of stress, do little self-care rituals like long soaks in the tub. Light some candles and put on some relaxing music.
- Hold your head up high – this may sound crazy but I often tell my clients this. Forget about the scales and how many kilos you think you should weigh.
- Feel good about yourself and the first step is to own your own space, breathe properly, get your chin up and strut your stuff. When you do this and remember to do it so it becomes norm, you will feel amazing.
So come on…strut your stuff in 2022…you owe it to your glamorous self.
Visit our website www.theelitewellnessgroup.com for life-changing retreats in 2022